Hi everyone,
It's been a great Sunday. Paul was so sweet this morning and told me to go back to sleep after our 7:30 AM breakfast. I was so tired that I slept till 10 AM! All day after that I've felt great, well-rested, and nowhere close to delivering this little girl who seems to have found a permanent comfy spot right in my ribs! I'm 37 weeks now, so she's full-term and seems really healthy, but of course we'll keep praying for her safe and healthy arrival when the time is right.
Our big family news is that Aaron starts school this week. Now we know what parents mean when they say "The years go by so quickly!" Some DAYS of motherhood seem so long when things are crazy, but to think my baby is going to be trotting off to his first day of formal education just blows my mind. He is so excited to meet his teacher tomorrow at "Kindergarten Kickoff" and to start meeting new friends. There are so many kids in our ward boundaries that they are separated into 3 different elementary schools! We are a bit further west of most of the kids, so we don't think he will know any kids in his class. But Aaron is sociable and seems to make friends each time we go to McDonald's Playland, so we think he'll do just fine. We may have him report on his first real day (Wednesday) in a separate email if he wants. We will miss him in the afternoons. He really is a big help with entertaining Jacob and will be a super big brother to the new baby.
We had a great weekend with Natalie (Lacey) who came Thursday night and stayed till after dinner today. She was the BIGGEST help to us as we've tried to complete last-minute baby things. She watched the boys a couple times so that I could run errands, do visiting teaching, have a date with Paul, etc. The boys were SO excited when she came. She could hardly even go to the bathroom alone they wanted to be near her so much. She was a great sport and played Star Wars with Aaron (acting it out as well as the video game). She watched Baby Einstein's with Jacob, read stories, and to top it off...we made 28 freezer meals yesterday to have on hand after the baby comes! It was the most I've ever cooked in a day, but she was incredible and together we assembled them in about 3 1/2 hours (cleanup took another 2 or so!) Paul took the boys for the day and we just made ourselves busy making everything from ham and cheese quiche, mexican torta, chicken parmesan, etc.
After getting all hot and sweaty we all cooled off by going swimming at our favorite pool. After our picnic and pool party Paul and I went on a fun date where we chose a few things for the baby's room and her "going home" outfit. We'll send pictures when the room is all put together...Mom Lacey's blanket looks so cute in there...thanks! We are getting into "girl mode" and loving it.
Valerie, we hope little Carrie's surgery goes well. We will pray for her...tell her we love her! And we hope your b-day was great. Ali and Paul Moulton, Happy Anniversary! The rest of you, have a great week and we love you! I'll check my calendar for other b-days/special days coming up. We love you all! Have a great week and thanks for writing back. We love keeping in touch with all of you!
Take care,
Amy, Paul, and kids
p.s. Lacey clan, I know the July reunion is far away, but I wanted to throw out one fun idea. One of the best ideas I've seen at a reunion to include kids and help cousins get to know each other is to have a "Cousin Birthday Party" where we celebrate all the kids birthdays at once with cake, games, a small gift, etc. Because we all live so far apart, it would be cool to have one big celebration for all the cousins, maybe at a park or something. The reunion I saw it at the kids all loved being celebrated with all their cousins around. What do you think? :) Any other ideas? We're happy to collect ideas if you want to send them to us. We're already looking forward to being together!
p.p.s Does anyone want to go on an Alaskan Cruise? FlyLady (the company I just did the CD for) is sponsoring a cruise next August that leaves from Seattle and cruises to Alaska. It's one week long and looks so amazing...if she gives me a discount for performing during the "FlyBaby Sessions" on the cruise, I just might start saving my pennies. Anyone willing to help entertain if she offers a screamin' deal? Just thought I'd ask. Check out this link if you're interested! http://nwtravel.com/alaska.php
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment