Well, we started out the week with a trip to the hospital. I didn't FEEL like I was in labor, but I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes for 2 hours! I promised my doctor I'd go in if they were this close, so I did. A nice neighbor watched the boys and Paul and I made it to the hospital in 10 minutes or so. They were so full in the women's center, they didn't have a bed yet for me, but soon I was sent to the "triage room" with another lady and her husband. Thankfully there was a cloth divider, but I was grateful they could at least get me in. I was still having contractions, but they calmed down after 30 more minutes or so, so Paul and I enjoyed an INCREDIBLE view of the Las Vegas lights, sipped ice water, and finished the FlyLady CD cover. It truly was relaxing, and when the nurse came in to tell me all was well, I told her how awesome the view was, etc. and she said, "You didn't need to come in to deliver a baby, you just needed a break!" After such a busy past month for us, she's probably right!
I went in for a scheduled appointment today and everything looks great. I'm not progressing at all and show no signs of delivering early. I'm grateful for the extra time it looks like I'll have, and we'll use it to put finishing touches on the nursery, cook 30 freezer meals, get Aaron off to school, and relax before the big debut of baby girl.
Aaron started soccer last Wednesday and he loves it. Practices are held at a nearby park, so Jacob loves to play there while Aaron and Assistant-coach Paul are out on the field. There are four boys and two girls on his team, which Aaron doesn't mind. Haley, the coach's daughter is a cutie and Aaron thinks she is awesome because she is also a great swimmer as well as soccer player. Aaron will start kindergarten in the afternoons on August 30th. I don't believe my baby is off to school! He is so excited and loves to learn and socialize, so I think it will work out well. He is so grown up!
Jacob was sick this week (and so was I), so between his throwing up, yukky cough, and my queasiness, it was a little rough. But we're all feeling much better today and all made it to church. We love our ward and playing the organ no longer makes me super nervous. I still like to practice to feel confident, but I'm SO grateful to be over the worst fear. Our neighbor Isaiah next door is the organist in his congregation and says he wants to come here me sometime! It might be a good missionary opportunity to invite him, though it may surprise him how calm our hymns are compared to his! I get the feeling he really knows how to rock!
Speaking of music, the FlyLady CD is DONE! Wahoo! I have been working on it for one year (since last August), and I am so relieved that the music, graphics, and everything is finished. Paul has worked so hard on the CD cover and guts. He has done an awesome job and FlyLady is so grateful that someone who knew computers so well was working on all the details. We finished at 6:07 pm on Saturday (Paul announced it gleefully for everyone to hear). We celebrated by going to the Cheesecake Factory, a fun, nice, delicious restaurant for dinner. I got some shrimp jambalaya and Paul got orange chicken. The boys got the fanciest macaroni and cheese I've ever seen, along with grilled cheese sandwiches and fries.

The waitress there was new and trying so hard to do everything right. The funniest thing is that they had no kids cups, so we each got a huge mug (like at A&W) filled with ice water.
Knowing Jacob couldn't handle such a huge drink, we kept drinking out of his, pouring some out etc. About 4 times before we could stop her, she kept refilling all of them, either while we were distracted or just so quick we hardly knew what had hit us. I kept wanting to tell her that the kids only needed a little, but I kept forgetting. By the end of dinner Paul and I had very full bladders, but still room for HEAVENLY cheesecake. I got coconut chocolate and Paul got caramel turtle brownie. It was one of the most decadent, wowser desserts I've ever dreamed of. I'm salivating just thinking about it.Well, that's us for the week. Drop us a note to say hi when you get a minute. We're looking forward to Natalie Lacey's weekend visit. Her friend is getting married, but she wants to come see us, help with baby preparations, and get set up on a hot date with a super-nice, handsome guy named Chad Leavitt. She's such a good sport! We'll catch you later. Love you all!
Amy, Paul, and boys
p.s. I finally hit a major milestone...I agreed to test-drive a couple minivans! For those of you who know my teenage dream of owning a sporty red Jeep Grand Cherokee, this was a big step! We'll likely end up with a nice Dodge Caravan in the next couple weeks and they really are nice, but I guarantee it will be red! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment