Sunday, June 26, 2005

"Hemmee! Hemmee!" and other such Jacobisms

Hello family and friends,

This has been a busy but good week for us. It was finals week again at school (just like it is every 4 weeks) so I was scrambling trying to get everything together for my test. We also had a visit from our accreditation agency so we were dotting all of our i's and crossing all of our t's to make sure we had everything together for that. Specifically, I had to make sure that we had electronic and hard copies of syllabi for every computer class we teach.

Yesterday we spent the day cleaning out our garage. We hauled away the old freezer that Mom & Dad so generously brought down to us but didn't survive the trip. We also had to sweep out the 2 million flies that accumulated in the garage earlier this month. We then put up some shelves for our food storage and got everything all organized. It felt so good to get it finished. We even washed and pumped up the tires of our bikes and rode around the driveway. We then jumped in the car to spend a few hours over at the "kawatic center" (i.e. aquatic center) as Aaron calls it.

Amy had the chance to get back in the studio for a couple hours this week. She did some vocals for one of her friends that she has been collaborating with on some music. They are actually planning on putting together some bids for next year's EFY album. They have written some amazing songs that would be perfect for an EFY-type album.

The boys have been having so much fun playing together. They just run around and around chasing each other. I remember doing the same thing with Cherilyn when we were young (more on such memories later...) Whenever Jacob needs help doing something he runs up to Amy or I and says Hemmee! Hemmee! (translation: Help me! Help me!). He's also become quite the tease. All this week, whenever he sees Amy he points to her and says Dadda! She and Aaron were gone for a couple hours the other day and when Amy got home Jacob saw her, got all excited, and said Dadda! Dadda! It really miffs Amy but I think Jacob thinks it's funny.

We got some sad news this week. Dad called us the other day and told us that the guy that bought the ranch burned our house down. I guess he wanted to start from a clean slate or something. I was pretty much in shock. I immediately had a flood of memories of the house. From all of the Christmases with the beautiful trees, to hiding on the top shelf of the blanket closet while playing hide-n-seek in the family room, to throwing the baseball through my bedroom wall. Lots of tears have flowed but I'm glad that no one can take away all the memories. I am so glad that Mom & Dad made the house our home. Maybe we can all write up our favorite memories of our home and send them to each other. Or if you'd like to send them to me I can put them all together and send them all out. I've also got a bunch of pictures of the house and the ranch I took while we were up there for Christmas. I'll make sure I make copies for everyone and send them to you. If anyone has any other pictures they'd like to include in the collection, send them to me and I'll include them on the CD.

We hope you all are doing well. We're excited to see Jared, Becca, and Brielle this week. We wish all of you could come for a visit...or better yet, we wish we could get out to visit all of you. Brent, we hope you are adjusting to the heat down there. Every time I get into my un-air conditioned car I think of you. Oh, and speaking of the car...Natalie, I got the oil leak fixed. It took $1.45 for some pipe thread tape on the stripped-out oil plug. Much better than a $400 oil pan! Now I just need to fix the child-lock switch so I can roll down all of the other windows in the car...

We sure love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Paul, Amy & the boyz.

No comments:

Post a Comment