Hi all,
We're going to try publishing Lacey Lines (our weekly family e-mail) on our family blog. For those of you new to blogging, a blog is short for web log. It's just an easy way to put stuff on a website. We'll test it out then make recommendations to anyone interested in creating their own.
First of all, Happy Father's Day to all our fathers, brothers, brothers-in-law, etc.! We had a great day here. Amy and the boys totally spoiled me. I got a new hat, a new white shirt, and a new reversible belt. They also made me some cool hand prints of the boys in plaster. Amy then cooked a delicious spinach quiche for brunch that we had after my morning meetings. We were able to have some good down time just watching the boys playing. We got some cute video of Jacob getting himself dizzy as we sang I Love to See the Temple. You can download the video and take a look (if you don't have a high-speed connection you may want to right-click the link, select Save As... then open it up on your computer).
Church was good. Aaron was supposed to give a talk today in Primary, but he "got a little nervous" and didn't want to go up. So Daddy got to read the poem that Aaron had helped pick out of the Friend. He also didn't want to sing during the Primary's musical numbers during sacrament meeting. He told me later he didn't want the people to clap when they were done. I said, "people don't clap during church, they just might smile." Aaron said, "I don't want them to smile, either!" I hear that Dallin had a similar experience today, but that some reverse psychology was able to work. Way to go Brett!
After church Amy's family came over for dinner. Amy cooked the most amazing Cashew Chicken dinner. She also made this yummy pineapple salsa to go with it. It was like going out to a fancy restaurant. I'll have to have her share the recipe with you all.
After dinner we went downstairs and listened to Amy sing some songs she's working on. She has written the most beautiful, tender song about a mom singing a lullaby to her baby. It's amazing. We also demo'd part of a "power ballad" that we started writing for our date the other night (Amy has done most of it - I just threw in a word or two). It's called Love's Worth Fighting For. Just envision the high school gymnasium during senior prom filled with kids dancing to an 80's rock band singing a slow song (kinda like The Search Is Over or Carrie by Survivor, Amanda by Boston, Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison, or any other song on found on the More Romantic Power Ballads CD for that matter). Fun stuff!
Well, I probably better sign off. We hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Paul, Amy & the boyz
No comments:
Post a Comment