Sunday, November 20, 2011

2011 Christmas Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from sunny, warm Las Vegas! We have so many blessings and appreciate this time of year when we're reminded of all we've been given and all the people we love.

Here's an update of each member of our family:

Anna (5) started Kindergarten this year. Her favorite subjects are arts & crafts, music, and recess. She's a good little reader and works hard at her handwriting. She takes gymnastics, dance, and soccer. Her sports highlight this year was scoring three goals for her team, the Eagles.

Anna also loves singing and recently learned the Christmas song, Away in a Manger. You can hear her singing it here.




Jacob (7) is enjoying his Second Grade year. He's totally into football, especially BYU football after having gone to a game in Provo earlier this year. He's decided he wants to be the "guy who runs with the ball" and practices football every chance he gets.

Now that he's accepted that we cannot build a life-sized roller coaster in our back yard (his dream) he's hoping Santa will bring him a roller coaster model instead. He's a daredevil and can't wait to try the next big thrill. His goal is to ride every roller coaster on the Las Vegas strip as soon as he's tall enough.

Jacob has had a few piano lessons and recorded a duet with Amy, We Three Kings.



Aaron (10 1/2) is Big Man on Campus as a fifth grader. He still loves Star Wars (though primarily the Clone Wars and Lego Star Wars Wii video game) and Harry Potter. He played the lead in his school play, Robinson Crusoe, and has kept busy with Scouts, school, and baseball. He continues to be a great dog trainer to our beagle, Shiloh.

Aaron has a great ear for music and is learning the simplified hymns (with a little bribery from his parents!). He helped arrange this version of Deck the Halls.



Amy and Paul celebrated 13 years of marriage - what a lucky number! Paul is working at IBM, who acquired the company he's been with for the past 5 1/2 years. He works as the manager of the support team, which means he listens to people from big, powerful companies tell him what they need fixed when things go wrong. He teaches Gospel Doctrine at church and helps coach Aaron's baseball team.

Amy keeps the home fires burning and volunteers in PTA. She's still writes music and is currently working with a great country singer, Eric Dodge, in St. George, Utah. She serves as the Primary chorister at church. She had fun re-decorating a couple rooms in our house with her cousin Natalie. She loves being a stay-at-home mom.

Here are a few photos from a recent photo shoot. Thanks to Jackilyn Smith Photography for the great pics!




We hope you have a wonderful Holiday season! Although we're far away from most of you we'll be thinking of you at this special time of year. If the weather gets too cold where you are, come see us!

Please keep in touch.

Love,
The Laceys

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a picture of Anna's "smolder" :) These pictures look so great! I love your family! And I want to see pictures of your room remodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Christmas card! I love your pictures and your updates. I think I am going to have to steal your blog Christmas card idea. I think pressing "publish" would be a lot more practical for me. :) We love you guys and can't wait to see you again! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Christmas card! I love your pictures and your updates. I think I am going to have to steal your blog Christmas card idea. I think pressing "publish" would be a lot more practical for me. :) We love you guys and can't wait to see you again! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had this blog. Thanks for posting about it on facebook. Your pictures turned out absolutely adorable. The kids are doing well with their music. Such talent! Merry Christmas to all you Laceys!!

    ReplyDelete