OK, we'll stop there for now, but we ARE getting closer to getting this FlyKids CD done! It feels like we've been running a marathon at a sprinter's pace for over a month but we are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. We're supposed to have all the editing on the vocals wrapped up tomorrow and then they'll be shipped off to Nashville for the final editing. For a preview of the Camp Gonnawannafly song visit the FlyLady MySpace page (be patient, it takes forever for the page to load). Fun stuff!
We're still working on the graphics and will be frantically trying to get them pulled together this week so we can get them ready for the printer about the same time the CDs go for duplication. Here's an early beta of an idea for the logo to be used on the cover:

I just realized that the link I sent to the Lacey side of the family I don't think made it to anyone when we posted the audio site after the first demos were finished back in April. Not sure what happened there, but I'll re-email it to you after we get the site updated with the new MP3s tomorrow.
In the meantime, check out some of the pictures of what we've been up to for the past month or so. They include pictures from here in Vegas, some from our recording session with Eric and Andy Dodge in St. George, and from when we were up in Logan when Amy was working on the vocals up there. Sorry they're not all labeled, but it's way past my bedtime and I need to get some sleep. Click through the slideshow below for a closer look.
Off to bed now...
So I haven't checked your blog (or anyone elses') for awhile so I've been catching up. Your blog looks great! What a fun picture of you guys! Loved the Blackberry entry! Brett has a hard time turning a cell phone on, so I'm lucky that I don't have to compete with technology. Sorry Amy!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to visit Alaska any time! Our high is supposed to hit a whoppin' 55 today so you guys may freeze! It has been such a cold, sun deprived summer! How am I going to make it through the winter?
It sounds like you guys are staying busy and having fun! Your kids are getting so big. Hopefully we'll hear some wedding bells soon so we can see all of you guys!