Sunday, June 10, 2007

Well, blow me down!

We thought we were safe from hurricanes here in the desert southwest, but I swear that's almost what we got the other night. We had a wind storm with some pretty strong winds that blew our nice shady mesquite tree over this week. We're pretty bummed since it's shade covered the majority of our back yard during the day and shaded the west side of the house in the afternoon. We were lucky, though, that it didn't do any damage to the house. It just came to a soft rest against the patio cover with the branches reaching our bedroom window. We didn't hear it when it blew over. We were awake but all we heard was a squeaking noise upstairs. When I went up to the bedroom I opened the window and there it was!


Timberrrrr

I guess it's just the Lord's way of telling us that we should plant a garden in that spot instead...

Otherwise things are going well. Aaron graduated from Kindergarten and had a fun graduation ceremony. They sang a few fun songs that they learned and received their diplomas. Aaron's looking forward to the summer vacation but is excited to start 1st grade in a few months.

Jacob's enjoying having his brother home all day - he now has 3 extra hours to tease Aaron! They're both excited to start swimming lessons from one of the girls in our ward.

Anna's a bundle of joy and is just about to crawl. She's loves to babble while mixing in some of her favorite new words she's learning like "bread", "up", "that", as well as the stand-bys "buh-buh" (which stands for "Mommy", "brother", "bottle", and "binky", to name a few), and of course, my long-time favorite: "Da-da."

We hope all is going will with all of you. Love you all!

Paul, Amy and the gang

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're all right! I'm glad Rachel wasn't there--she has a "wind" phobia. She comes into our bedroom and climbs in bed whenever it's windy. Sooo--happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete