Sunday, November 06, 2005

Halloween Fun

Hi there family & friends,
Oh yes, the joys of Halloween! We had a good time this year. We tried to make the most of it by extending things out over a few days. We went to one of our friend's ward's party on Saturday before Halloween and then Amy and the kids hit a few more on Monday. We all went out Monday night before I had to get to work. The kids had a good time and took in quite the haul in candy! Jacob especially thought it was pretty cool to knock on a door and have people throw candy in his little bag. Check below for a few more photos and a video of Jacob's run-in with a pumpkin that had a few tricks up its sleeves.

Apart from all of the ghoulish fun, things here are cruising right along. We finally finished laying our flooring - a project that has taken way too much time! Although, I guess we're not totally done...we need to still replace all of the base boards I had to take off. We also got our lawn all ready for the snow to fall which, according to the weather reports, is supposed to happen on Tuesday.

I have a couple interviews this week: a phone interview with a small company in Provo, and one here in Logan for a position as a website developer. My supervisors called me in on Friday to tell me that they were aware of my dissatisfaction with my current schedule, that they wouldn't be surprised if I were looking for another job, but that they wanted me to know how much they valued me. It was nice to hear, but it still doesn't appear that anything will change with the schedule. So the job search continues...

Shannon, thanks for the message about the Christmas gift assignments. We got a kick out of it because Amy's sister, Ali, just recommended that her side of the family set up the same kind of schedule! Wow, you guys are in tune!

We're excited for our trip to Seattle! We're looking forward to spending some time just relaxing and letting the cousins get acquainted. We also want to get out and explore the city a little. It will also be good to see Tisha, Matt, and their family, and perhaps Ken's kids, too.

We're also getting excited about Christmas! Only 48 more days! Amy & I have a hot date this Friday to try to get most of our shopping wrapped up (no pun intended - we probably won't get all of the wrapping finished!). We're planning on staying in Logan and having Christmas morning in our house. We want the boys to make some good memories of Christmas morning around our tree in our living room. I have a feeling Jacob will follow the Lacey tradition of early Christmas mornings (he's usually up between 6 & 6:30), but I'm not sure about Aaron...he likes his early morning sleep. We'll have to work on that one.

Speaking of memories, I was wondering if all of my siblings could send me any photos (digital or good old-fashioned prints) you may have of the house, growing up, the ranch, etc. I think it would be nice to get some put together sometime soon. If you could send them my way as soon as possible it would be appreciated. Digital copies would be preferred, but if you don't have a scanner I can scan them in if you mail them to me. Thanks!

We hope you are all doing well. We can't wait to hear of everyone's news. And we can't wait to see pictures of little Elizabeth (Paul & Ali's newest)!

Love you all,
Paul, Amy, & the boyz Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment