Sunday, October 16, 2005

Live From Las Vegas!

Well, I guess it's been a couple months since we've posted an update to our little family's blog. Amy has been good about sending out the "traditional" email. So I guess it's now my turn...

Life is going well, but busy as ever. The job search continues on as we're trying to exhaust our options here in Logan before looking much further outside of Cache Valley. I had a couple interviews in the past two weeks so it was good to know that it's not just a black hole that our job applications get sucked into. We got a "no" on the first and I didn't feel too great about the second one. It wasn't really the best fit for me. But we'll find something. We appreciate the prayers from our great family and realize we are greatly blessed and that there are others in similar boats as us.

Amy had the opportunity this weekend to go down to Las Vegas with Cecelia to do a presentation for the Nevada American Mothers group. They paid their way down so they got a hotel room on the strip and got to spend some time walking around, seeing the sites, and catching the good meal deals! They said the program went well on Saturday and they were able to sell a box of CDs to those that were there. Move over Celine Dion - these two are the new act in town!

Amy also just finished her newest song, Baby Let Me Rock You to Sleep, last week. You can download it here. She did such an awesome job on it. We're getting our studio pieced together bit by bit so we'll be able to most of her future projects here. But she enjoys getting out and into the studio so we appreciate that there are others who have everything all ready to go when inspiration hits.

I don't think we ever put links up to the songs she and Tera Sweat finished up in July and submitted for review for EFY. Here are some of them:
  1. Victory
  2. The Book of Life
  3. Power of God
  4. On This Holy Day
They also submitted a few songs that are on Amy's He Loves Me Still album and on Tera's adoption CD.

The boys are doing great. I had a fun time with them while Amy was gone. We got to go to McDonald's for lunch and play for a few minutes. They then joined me at work for a couple hours and had fun riding the elevator. We had a boy's night video party (Toy Story) and had fun playing on Saturday.

Aaron's excited for his preschool to start up again tomorrow. His teacher just had a baby last month and is now ready to bring the kids back. He loves all of the projects that they get to do and enjoys taking items for the Show-and-Tell Monster. Jacob is our little whirlwind. He goes 120 mph all of the time to keep up with his big brother. He is talking quite a bit now, mimicking every word we say. He also likes to finish the end of phrases of songs like I See the Moon, I Love to See the Temple, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and others.

Well, I better sign off and get to bed. I need to get up early tomorrow and figure out what I'm going to teach in my new classes that start tomorrow. We hope you're all doing well. Drop us a line and let us know what's going on in your lives. We'll also try to post some pictures of what we've been up to.

Love,

Paul, Amy, and the boyz

No comments:

Post a Comment